Silver Bay Police Department Staffed Window Hours
Monday – Friday from 8:00 AM – 4:00 PM
(hours are subject to change)
If you need police assistance outside of these hours, or the window is not being staffed, please call the Silver Bay Police Department squad phone at (218) 220-0700, or if it is an EMERGENCY, please dial 9-1-1.
Karaoke with Tara Nelson Friday, August 16th from 8:30 – 12:30 at the Silver Bay Lounge!
Click here for information on Black Beach Park and Campground.
Summary of Construction Activities
• Grading in the central and west areas is approximately 80% complete.
• Grading in the east area is approximately 35% – 40% complete.
• Sanitary sewer, water main, and services are completed on the entire project. Testing of these utilities is complete in the central area. Testing is in progress in the east area.
• The storm sewer is done in the central and west areas and is in progress in the east area.
• Soil corrections on the main building and picnic shelter sites are complete.
• Electric installation is approximately 50% complete on the project. All boxes are in place, and installation of wiring and conduit is in progress.
• The contractor will not be on-site the week of July 29th due to other commitments. The contractor anticipates returning to the site approximately August 7th.
• Substantial completion date per the contract is September 20th. Overall, work progress is on schedule thus far and is anticipated to meet the specified completion date
East Lakeview Drive south of the Agate Beach parking lot will be closed starting August 5, 2019, due to a sanity sewer line replacement. Thus Black Beach will be closed. Agate Beach will remain open. The closure is expected to last approximately six weeks.
Click here to read the Lake County News-Chronicle about Norma O’Leary.
Click here to read the Silver Bay Summer Newsletter.
On July 1st, the City Council swore in Scott Kochendorfer as Assistant Chief of Police. He will be working under Chief Doug Frericks until he retires in August. At that time Scott will become the Police Chief. He comes to us from the Red Wing Police Department, where he was the training officer.
Photo from the Lake County News-Chronicle
The City is pleased to announce the hiring of Bryan Carpenter as the new Parks and Recreation Director. He started on July 1, 2019. He will be working with Mike Guzzo, until Mike’s retirement in December.
Please take a minute to complete a survey to help the Silver Bay Public Library complete their 5-year strategic plan. It is anonymous.
Click here to be directed to the survey.