Due to COVID-19 Pandemic and limited staffing, we are delaying the launching of the Black Beach Campground website and reservation software until April 20th, 2020. We apologize for the inconvenience, but just know we appreciate your patience and understanding while we get the site ready for you during this pandemic.
Category Archives: General
Due to the COVID-19 concerns, the city playgrounds will be temporarily closed until further notice.
Centers for Disease Control website:
World Health Organization website:
Lake County COVID-19 Updates
Click here to view the press release.
COVID-19 Relief Update
SBA Economic Injury Disaster Loans up to $2 Million are Now Available
Minnesota small businesses and private nonprofits may now apply for disaster loans through the U.S. Small Business Administration. These loans are for those organizations suffering economic injury due to the COVID-19 Coronavirus. The online application is found at DisasterLoan.sba.gov, or click the button below. Details include:
- Rates are 3.75% for businesses and 2.75% for nonprofits.
- Up to $2 million with terms up to 30 years.
- May be used to help pay fixed debts, payroll, accounts payable and other bills that could have been paid had the disaster not occurred.
- Loans under $25,000 can be made without collateral while loans over $25,000 should be collateralized. (However, the SBA will not decline a loan for lack of collateral.)
No cost to apply nor any obligation to accept the loan if approved.
If you would like assistance with the application process, Northeast Minnesota Small Business Development Center (SBDC) consultants are available to help small businesses in our region. Visit www.nesbdc.org, click “Sign Up for Services” and a consultant will contact you.
The Small Business Administration also offers information and assistance:
SBA Disaster Assistance Customer Service Center
1-800-659-2955 / TTY: 1-800-877-8339
The American SBDC has a web page with information and resources at https://americassbdc.org/coronavirus-information/
Northland Foundation | 218.723.4040 | 800-433-4045 | Website
The Silver Bay Liquor Store now offers curbside pickup during the COVID-19 pandemic. Call 218-226-3106 or place your order and schedule your pickup. Credit card payments are preferred for curbside pickup.
Until further notice, the building is not open to the public.
Click here to view the March 19th, 2020 Lake County Emergency Management Media Release.
Click here to view the Lake County Resolution Declaring a State of Emergency.
Click here to view the Lake County Resolution Closing Lake County Offices to the Public.
Effective at 8:00 a.m. on March 24, 2020 public offices will be closed. There are no changes to our services to be provided; however, communication will be done by email, phone, city drop box, and postal services. The Liquor Store will be doing curbside only. The Mary Mac Center will be closed for non-public use.
- Please use the silver drop box located in front of City Hall’s parking lot whenever possible.
- Specifically your city utility payments. You can also pay your city utility bill online at anytime using this link. Note: there is a non-refundable service fee added to your charge.
- If you recently bought a home and need to transfer services into your name, click here for information on city utility billing and to access the transfer of service form. Please complete the form and make a check payable to the City of Silver Bay, and drop it in the silver drop box or mail to City Hall.
- All permits and forms can be found on the City website. If you have trouble accessing them or don’t have access to a printer, please call us and we’d be happy to assist you.
- If you need to purchase a dog or cat license, you will need to provide proof of your animals rabies vaccination. You can mail a copy to City Hall along with a check payable to the City of Silver Bay and we will mail the license back to you. Dog/Cat License Fees are $6.00 for spayed/neutered animals. Proof of procedure must be provided. $15.00 for all others. $10 late fee (after February 28).
- If you have any questions, please call our office at 218-226-4408 or email email@example.com. Mailing Address: City Hall, 7 Davis Drive, Silver Bay, MN 55614
Police Department Lobby
- To speak to an Officer, or report a Non-Emergency, call dispatch at 218-834-8385 and ask to speak to a Silver Bay Officer. Click here for more information. If it is an EMERGENCY, dial 9-1-1.
Mary Mac Center
- The Mary Mac Center is closed for non-public use; business use only.
- If you need to contact the Arena, call 218-226-4214.
Public Work’s Building
- If you need to contact the Public Works Department, call 218-226-4552.
Water and Sewer Buildings
- If you need to contact the Public Utilities Department, call 218-226-3663. You can pay your city utility bill online at anytime using this link. Note: there is a non-refundable service fee added to your charge.
- If you recently bought a home and need to transfer services into your name, click here for information on city utility billing and to access the transfer of service form. Please complete the form and make a check payable to the City of Silver Bay, and drop it in the silver drop box located in the front of City Hall’s parking lot.
- If you need to contact the Library, call 218-226-4331.
- Curbside only orders and must be paid by credit card.
- To place your order contact the Liquor Store, call 218-226-3106.
Senior Workshop, Rec Center, and Reunion Hall
- If you need more information on the Senior Workshop, call 218-226-4214.
- If you need more information on the Rec Center, call 218-226-4408.
- If you need more information on the Reunion Hall, call 218-226-3106.
Now accepting adult & student applications for 2020 part-time & summer employment (6 months or less positions). Depending upon position and qualifications, wages will range from $10.00/hour – $12.00/hour. Information regarding the positions are available at City Hall or click here. Completed applications should be returned to City Hall by 4:00pm on Friday, April 17, 2020. Applications received after this date will be kept on file for one year should openings become available. Background checks conducted. AA/EOE